Thursday, November 15, 2007

Buying games and never finishing them

Why do I buy games and never finish them? I'm not alone on this one as it can be applied to just about any item that you repeatedly buy but never use. Take CDs. I buy them, rip them, then lose them on my mp3 player. I found an LCD Soundsystem album this morning that I've listened to half of about 9 months ago. So what's behind this prolific spending? I think it comes down to materialism. To further my denial of the tedium that is my life I spend more and more of my disposable income in the pursuit of that gratification received when you buy something you've been wanting for for ages. Its no fun when you can afford any game of your choice but this doesn't stop me.
So the problem is: too much money, too much time, dull job that I don't care about, humdrum life.
My solution: bury myself in new toys in a desperate but ultimately fruitless effort to satiate my desire for something interesting.
I suppose I could be whoring instead but somehow half-finished games are more fun and less dangerous.
Result - games that need playing (that I can remember):
Xbox 360:
King Kong
Far Cry Instincts
PGR4
DiRT
Tomb Raider Legends
PC:
Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War
Bioshock
Tomb Raider (the new one)
Neverwinter Nights 2
HL2
C&C 3
and those two lists are soon to be joined by Mass Effect and Crysis.

No comments: