Thursday, November 23, 2006

Nike no shoes town

I was in the big Nike shop on Oxford Circus yesterday. Its called Niketown. Its very big – three floors, but it was remarkably difficult to find some shoes. I’m not convinced that they sell much in there. I mean there isn’t really that much to buy so they can’t feasibly sell much. Its just one of those brand placement places. You go in and ooh and aah at how big it is and you leave impressed that Nike have this big shop with glitzy stuff and you tell your friends, wow have you been to Niketown in London, then other people come and everyone has a jamboree about the size of this place. But they don’t buy anything.


Methinks I’ll end up on Neal Street buying my sneakers at Offspring. And why sneakers over trainers? Well, I’m more likely to go sneaking than training.

No comments: