Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Eraser - Thom Yorke's new(ish) album

I was halfway through a tirade about Queen's Innuendo album that took 5 years to make and resulted in 12 paltry songs and then Freddie Mercury died, and somehow the long wait wasn't worth the money paid. And then I was going to say that this offering from Thom Yorke has been, oh I don't know, 2 years in the making, and its only 41 minutes long but it really is bloody good. Then Firefox crashed for the second time today and that pissed me off. God forbid the new Internet Explorer 7 should somehow be better than Firefox. It still has a long way to go.

So where was I? Thom Yorke may have a funny shaped head and some serious misery issues but his drum machine is on the Kid A settings and its all very hummable. There's a song called Black Swan where the chorus is: "Its fucked up, its fucked up", but really its not. 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' on Innuendo is fucked up. I especially admire the lyric, "I think I'm a banana tree". But I suppose Freddie was half-dead so I shouldn't be too harsh.

1 comment:

Ainoa said...

Hi!!! i am spanish you blog is very good i am 13 old years



My blog is: www.ainoarbravo.blogspot.com


kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxx