Friday, September 19, 2008

Face sliding bass

In my last post I mentioned how bass sounds in club loos. Let me elaborate. If you're in a club and the loos are vibrating then chances are you're pilled up otherwise you would have left a long time ago. If you can remember that everything in the loos is physically vibrating then you're probably mashed but not so much that you too have become something else shaking in the corner, but then maybe not. I remember being in cubicles when I can't see because I'm rushing so hard and yet still being conscious enough to realise that the loo seat is shaking as is the loo paper holder, indeed everything is 'brrrrrring' in time to the thunderous bass shaking through the walls. Your eyeballs are shaking, flicker-vision as I used to call it. The question is this:

a) Are your eyes actually flickering from side to side so quickly that nobody else can see them move? After all to everybody else you just have giant saucer eyes.

OR

b) Is there some receptor in your brain having a spasm with your optic nerve or the actual vision cluster in the brain shaking your sight or something like that?

Back to the bass. Everything is shaking and so are you. That's what I mean by face sliding bass. Its not an unpleasant feeling but sometimes it was inescapable.

Urban legend: I went to the Orange Club in Birmingham once. We were advised not sit over there, there being next to these speakers two storeys high. If we sat there we would 'shit ourselves'. Sonic cannons exist to deter pirates but can the frequencies in a club go so low and loud so as to shake your bowels into submission? Answers on a postcard please...

No comments: