Wednesday, April 11, 2007

From a Bygone Age


The one and only Bobby Davro, from a time when he would go head to head with Russ Abbott!



Its the white trainers and the toothy grin that does it for me



Eighties sexpot


Surely these bears are ill advised



Note the hint of 'a bit of length' just peeking to the right of his neck. He's a pretty smooth kind of a guy.



I'm sure our celebrities are far more media-savvy now but there was a time it seems in the mid-eighties when the cheesy pose was the be all and end all of publicity. Nothing quites beats the addition of a hand-scrawled signature, and with an insincere 'With Love' homily... well, what can I say? I found these nuggets in the attic this bank holiday weekend. Father Christmas saw fit to pass them on to me quite some time ago somehow knowing that I would one day truly relish their true beauty.


(This being blogger these pictures will either appear above or below this post. There was a time when I had worked out this idiosyncracy but I can't quite be bothered to experiment today. No, they've appeared above).



No comments: